Michigan is a great vacation destination for people during all seasons. There are so many great places to see and things to do.
Here are some of the top ten places to visit during your Michigan vacation:
- Spend a day on Lake Michigan. The third largest of the Great Lakes, Lake Michigan offers something for everyone. You can spend a day sailing, fishing, swimming or just dipping your toes in the clear blue waters on a nice spring or summer day.
- Visit Mackinac Island. This is one of the more popular tourist destinations in America. It harkens back to a simpler time before most of our modern technology. You can take a scenic drive across the Mackinac Bridge to get there, or you can take a ferry if you wish. Explore the shops, buy some fudge, enjoy the majestic view or take a tour of the island on a horse-drawn carriage.
- Take in a game. You have many options, depending on your sport of choice. You can visit Comerica Park to watch the American League Central’s Detroit Tigers play on a beautiful summer day. If football’s your game, you can visit Ford Field to watch the Detroit Lions in action. Basketball fans can cheer on the Detroit Pistons at the brand-new Little Caesars Arena. College sports enthusiasts can watch live competitions on the campuses of Michigan and Michigan State Universities.
- Go back in time at the Henry Ford Museum. Car historians will enjoy traveling back in time at the Henry Ford Museum. They can view and admire many classic cars, trucks for movers in Detroit, and read about automotive engineering pioneers. Factory tours are also available.
- Listen to live music at the Machine Shop. Located in Flint, the Machine Shop hosts dozens of rock, metal and country concerts every year. They draw fans from across the state and around the country. One of the must-visit destination for many music fans.
- Visit Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland. Billed as the world’s largest Christmas store, this heralded store is a favorite destination for winter travelers. They can take their time shopping as they stroll through the building that’s larger than a football field.
- Enjoy the Electric Forest Festival. This summer festival held in Rothbury boasts one of the largest light shows in the nation. Several musical acts perform every year against the backdrop of majestic trees that are showered in electric light. An amazing experience for people of all ages.
- Spend time in nature at the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. You can camp, hike, canoe or simply admire the natural beauty that surrounds you at this tourist stop in Munising. There are waterfalls, cliffs, beaches and many more attractions to enjoy.
- Admire creative talent at ArtPrize in Grand Rapids. This fall festival offers the opportunity to view various works of art from dozens of talented individuals. Their works are spread across three square miles in the city. Artists from around the world gather to display their works during this 19-day event.
- Spend a day at the Detroit Zoo. The Detroit Zoo is home to many different animal species. They have exhibits for everyone to enjoy. You can ride the Tauber Family Railroad or just spend the day visiting the animals.
These are just some of the many things to see and do in Michigan. You can find out more online or by talking with your local travel agent or you move their with help from a local moving company. Michigan offers so many incredible vacation possibilities!